Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Result: Not what I had hoped

So when the phone call came in a wide array of emotions ran through me, good, bad, fear, doubt, anger, confusion, relief, etc.  I wanted an answer and an easy fix.  I should have been happier at the results, but it just upset me further.

I WAS NORMAL!!!  Not only that my egg reserve appeared to be high and appartently my Bride of Frankenstein paired with the rest of my reproductive system was something similar to that of a late 20's early 30's woman.  In fact she said that she hope I like periods because I would likely be getting one well into my 50's--gee thanks mom and grandma.  Really that is what I inherited?  Well dang it if I was doing so great then why wasn't I pregnant!

I was grateful for my health and I did appreciate happy little ovaries and Gertrude the floppy uterus, but I wanted a baby!

Within 12 hours of receiving those results I got a period.  I was still hopeful that I was pregnant that month.  21 days!  It was ridiculous and cruel, but one thing the doctor offered was to give Clomid a try.  I had told her I would think about it--I called the next day.  Darn you Aunt Flo!

On to the 7th cycle.

I was prescribed the lowest dose to take on days 3-7.  It was no big deal, no side effects.  We timed perfectly, I temped and used the OPK's.  We propped hips, waited a good long time before I even considered moving.  We were definitely on team "ALL IN."  I happily charted my signs and symptoms and temp on FertilityFriend.com.  With each progressing day all signs were pointing to pregnant.  In fact out of 100 I had score 89!  This had to be it so like every other TTC psycho I pulled out the pee sticks on DAY 9!  Not only did I take them in the morning I took them at night also--because I read on Baby Center that someone had their highest HCG levels at night.  That could be me too right!

Day 9 am = BFN, pm = BFN
Day 10 am = BFN, pm = BFN, but OH MY is that the start of a line!
Day 11 am = BFN, but if I tilt it toward natural light I could see a line
Day 12 am = STARK WHITE LINE--Mega BFN, no pink, maybe it will be better tonight, NOPE still BFN
Day 13 am = BFN, BFN in pm too (you think I would have given up and accepted reality, but I kept right on testing until AF's due date.)

Aunt Flo was late 2 days

I tried another medicated month and I was pessimistic.  I refused to get excited and that was a good thing because it also was a bust.

I was pissed and the Hubs was getting an SA--ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment