Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Putting a Plan in Motion

When the January and February cycles became BFNs it was time to get the plan moving.  I called my doctor who said she would need to see me before scheduling an HSG.  I was concerned with cost and she was checking into the cost since my insurance covers nothing related to fertility.

The HSG was going to be pricey locally because they had to put me out, a clinic in a larger city did it in office.  My doctor was annoyed with her facility and was perfectly willing to refer me, but still wanted to see me.  I asked about medicating my cycle with estrogen and progesterone and she said it probably wouldn't work, but she was fine with me trying it.

It turns out progesterone is crazy expensive, like $400 for 5 days!  My insurance would not pay for it.  I asked if there was another form other than the gel and she changed the prescription to a pill that was over $100--cheapest option.  Insurance would not pay for it, but it covered the estrogen for 5 days and Clomid is cheap.

We decided to try one more medicated cycle and schedule the HSG for the next month when the meds didn't help.  Because we had so little hope it would work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment